|Club du Chien Montagne des Pyrenees du Canada
The Great Pyrenees Club of Canada has been operating continuously since 1971.
It is the official body of the Great Pyrenees fanciers of Canada, and is affiliated with the Canadian Kennel Club.
The GPCC operates and maintains the following:
- a newsletter called Pyr'n Round Canada
- a Rescue Service for Great Pyrenees
- Sponsors a National Specialty Show
- an official CKC Standard for breed judging
- Maintains a Hall of Fame for Outstanding Great Pyrenees
- Provides a "Code of Ethics" for Great Pyrenees Breeders (found on our About Great Pyrenees page)
- Sponsors a free OFA Soft Tissue Program for breeders (see below)
- annual specialty (see Current Show News for more details)
Congratulations to the participants of our 2017 National!
Particular congrats to our BISS winner International Ch. MBIS Pyrview's Spartan Warrior, who was also Best Veteran.
Best of Opposite Sex - Ch. Pyrvalley's Looks Like Athena
Best of Winners/Winner's Dog - Thornhill's White Tie Affair
Winners Bitch/Best Bred by Exhibitor - Woolmarsh Winter Wimsy
Best Puppy in Breed - Lecture's God Bless the Outcasts
Select Dog - CKC/AKC Ch. Pyrview's Sultan of Soul
Best Baby Puppy - Woolmarsh Xaxxafras
Best Sexually Altered - Pyrview's Carlton the Bear
Best of Oppostie Sex Sexually Altered - Ch. Woolmarsh Rachelle
Please click here to download our Constitution and Bylaws .
OFA Soft Tissues Program
The GPCC is proud to support good health in our breed! GPCC members in good standing wishing to register soft tissue (cardiac, patella, thyroid, or deafness) certification with O.F.A (Orthopaedic Foundation for Animals) will be able to do so at no cost to them for Great Pyrenees owned by them.
It is our hope that by promoting and assisting with the cost of these health clearances breeders will be encouraged to take advantage of the program thereby assuring the healthiest breeding stock possible and ultimately producing healthier Great Pyrenees for all breed fanciers to benefit from.
- The registered owner of the dog must be a G.P.C.C member in good standing
- Certification application must be for one of the following applicable soft tissue clearances:
Congenital Cardiac clearance
Patella Luxation clearance
Congenital Deafness clearance
- The GPCC will reimburse the registration cost of the test results to the dog's owner when an invoice/receipt is submitted to a member of the executive (via email or regular mail). We understand these amounts are generally in American funds, so please submit a receipt with the Canadian amount value, otherwise the remitted amount will be calculated at the daily currency rate.
*Please note that further fundraising will be required in order to continue with this initiative should it prove successful. If you would like to support this program, please send your donation to our secretary with a note enclosed identifying it as a donation to the OFA Soft Tissues/Canine Trust Fund program.
Club president: Sonia Christ firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Deborah Greene 905-337-9002 email@example.com